The GW Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship provides various connections to great resources for entrepreneurial students, staff, and faculty here in the GW community.
Peter Weissman - Blank Rome
Peter Weissman is a GW alumnus and partner at Blank Rome in DC. Peter is a long time supporter of the GW New Venture Competition, who often talks to GW audiences about Getting Your Legal House in Order
Peter is an expert in intellectual property law, and is happy to talk with members of the GW entrepreneurial community.
Blank Rome is proud of its deep tradition of pro bono service. Reach out to Peter at:
- [email protected]
These immigration lawyers have offered help to GW students in the past. These are good folks who can help.
- Anam Rahman at Calderon Seguin is a GW Alumna.
- Ofelia Calderon did a workshop on this topic at in the fall of 2016
- Shira Renee Zeman and Rachel Petterson at Z&P are also GW Alumna.
Small Business & Community Economic Development Clinic
The Small Business and Community Economic Development Clinic provides legal assistance to small businesses, social enterprises, nonprofit organizations, and artists. If interested in contacting the clinic, please see the information below:
- The George Washington University Law School
- 2000 H Street NW
- Phone: 202-994-8980
- Fax: 202-9948980
GW is a Referral Partner for Thompson Reuters Foundation TrustLaw. TrustLaw connects the world's leading legal teams with high-impact social enterprises to provide them with free legal assistance.
Social enterprises can apply for free legal assistance in a variety of areas including:
- Structuring: Selecting the right legal entity for your social enterprise.
- Staffing: Employment and volunteer agreements.
- Advocacy: Research on laws in multiple countries, comparing best (and worst) practices.
- Funding: Partnership or funding agreements.
- IP and brand protection: Trademark registration, copyright, patents and licensing.
USPTO Patent Pro Bono Program
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Pro Bono Program provides free legal assistance to under-resourced inventors interested in securing patent protection for their inventions.