At the beginning of every academic year, the GW Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship recruits Entrepreneurial Fellows to join our team. Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year will open in July 2022.
Entrepreneurial Fellow - FWS & Non-FWS Recipients
Location: Foggy Bottom
Duration: 1 year, 10+ hours a week (flexible), multiple positions available
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Do you have an interest or a passion for innovation and entrepreneurship? At the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship we give our Fellows an educational experience grounded in entrepreneurial experiential learning.
Our office offers a unique work environment that is innovative, electric, open, and collaborative. Fellows will work with and learn from staff with expertise in event planning, UX and UI design, human centered design, entrepreneurship, social media, tech commercialization, social enterprise development, and marketing strategy.
Fellows are key members of our team and will help accomplish important tasks and objectives to provide innovation education, venture creation programming and events to the GW community. One of the main objectives is promotion of the GW New Venture Competition.
Fellows will learn and be exposed to:
- Real world knowledge of marketing, social media, event promotion and innovation practices
- Hands on strategizing and execution for event promotion and planning
- Innovative and entrepreneurial techniques (Lean startup and Human centered design)
- Basics of service design and user flows
- How to conduct customer discovery to test ideas
- Get feedback on your new innovation and ideas
Responsibilities will include:
- High quality professional day-to-day execution of engagements and special projects
- Perform and conduct customer outreach and research
- Managing marketing & recruitment efforts
- Interfacing with GW students, professors, and administration
- Presenting findings and drawing conclusions to drive decision making
- Other special projects as assigned
- A current GW student (preference towards those with at least 1-2 years left of study)
- Is interested in either starting a business or non-profit and/or the innovative process
- Likes interacting with student peers, and has a strong ability to communicate in-person, and/or via social media
- Open-minded team with capacity to initiate own projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We highly encourage people of all faiths, backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and races to apply.